Ultra-Efficient, IQSmartTM Battery Protection Switch
0.97mm x 0.97mm
- VOC Over Charge Detection: 4.36 VBAT
- Release Hysteresis, VOC_Hys = 130 mV
- Detection Delay, tOC = 500 ms
- VOD Over Discharge Detection: 2.88 VBAT
- Load Short Circuit Protection with Delay Time to avoid a false trigger
- Auto Retry after Short Circuit Off
- tRS = 500ms, Try to turn on switch in tRS
- Retry Times = 8 times
- Latch-off at Short Circuit Protection. Power recycle to turn on switch again
- 1.5 A Continuous Charging Current Capability from VOUT to VBAT Pin
- 0.5 V Battery Minimum Voltage for Charging
- VBAT > VOD Turns on Main Switch
- Low RON : 36 mΩ Typ. @ 3.6 VBAT
- Operation Current, IQ = 740 nA Typ @ 4.2 VBAT
- Shutdown Current, ISD = 390 nA Typ @ VBAT < VOD
- 0.97 mm x 0.97 mm x 0.55 mm Chip Scale Package 4 Bumps, 0.5 mm Pitch
- BLE Wireless Earphone
- Wearables / IoT Devices
The GLF73810 is an IQSmartTM ultra-efficient, full battery protection switch with an accurate over charge voltage, over discharge voltage, and short circuit protection for lithiumIon/Polymer battery safety.
The over charge and discharge voltage protections keep a rechargeable battery working within the desired safe operating condition. When the battery is charged past the over voltage detection level, the GLF73810 switch opens in a preset delay time. As the battery voltage decreases below the over discharge detection voltage level, the GLF73810 switch is turned off immediately to cut off the battery power rail, consuming an ultra-low leakage current (ISD) to save the battery.
In addition, when the load current reaches the ISC short circuit protection level, the GLF73810 switch is turned off and then retries to connect the discharge path 8 times periodically in the preset retry-time (PRT). If the short-circuit condition remains even after the 8 times, the GLF73810 latches off. The state can be reset by a power recycle.