Ultra-Efficient, IQSMARTTM Battery Protection IC
- Over Charge Detection Voltage, VOC
- 4.35 VBAT
- Monitor VBAT to release VOC
- Over Discharge Detection Voltage, VOD : 2.80 VBAT
- Load Short Circuit Protection with Delay Time to avoid a false trigger
- Activated by Applying VON to the VOUT Pin from Charger
- 1.5 A Continuous Charging Current Capability from VOUT to VBAT Pin
- Low RON : 36 mΩ Typ. @ 3.6 VBAT
- Quiescent Current, IQ = 720 nA Typ @ 3.6 VBAT
- Shutdown Current, ISD: 70 nA Typ @ VBAT < VOD
- Latch-off at Over Discharge Detection and Short Circuit Protection. Apply VON to VOUT pin to turn on again
- 0 V Battery Charging
- 0.4 V Minimum Battery Voltage for Charging
- Reverse Polarity Connection Protection
- Patent Pending Circuit Architecture
- HBM: 8 kV, CDM: 2 kV
- 0.97 mm x 0.97 mm x 0.55 mm Chip Scale Package 4 Bumps, 0.5 mm Pitch
- BLE Wireless Earphone
- Wearables / IoT Devices
FUNCTIONAL BLOCK SCHEMATIC
The GLF73910 / GLF73911 is an IQSmartTM ultraefficient, full battery protection switch with an accurate over charge voltage, over discharge voltage, and short circuit protection for lithiumIon/Polymer battery safety.
The over charge and discharge voltage protections keep a rechargeable battery working within the desired safe operating condition. When the battery is charged past the over voltage detection level, the GLF73910 / GLF73911 switch opens in a preset delay time.
As the battery voltage decreases below the over discharge detection voltage level, the GLF73910 / GLF73911 switch is turned off immediately to cut off the battery power rail, consuming an ultralow leakage current (ISD) to save the battery. In addition, when the load current reaches the ISC short circuit protection level, the GLF73910 / GLF73911 switch is turned off and will maintain the off state to avoid any serious damage to system. The short circuit delay time avoids any false trigger which might open the switch.
When a charged battery cell is connected, the GLF73910 / GLF73911 remains in the off state and consumes an ultra-low leakage current (ISD) until the VON voltage is applied to VOUT pin. Note that the GLF73910 / GLF73911 is activated only by a VON voltage from a charger output.