Ultra-Low Current Consumption Power Multiplexer Switch with Auto & Manual Input Selection
- Two-Input and Single-Output Power Multiplexer Switch
- Automatic and Manual Input Selection Mode
- Supply Voltage Range: 1.5 V to 5.5 V
- 6V abs max
- Ultra-Low Supply Current at Operation
IQ: 4 µA Typ. @ 5.5 VIN
- Ultra-Low Stand-by Current
ISD: 20 nA Typ. @ 5.5VIN
- RON :
35mΩ Typ. @ 5.5 VIN1 or VIN2
43mΩ Typ. @ 3.3 VIN1 or VIN2
- 2A Continuous Output Current Capability Per Channel
- No Cross Conduction Between Two Inputs
- Reverse Current Blocking when Disabled
- Operating Temperature Range: -40 to 85 °C
- HBM: 6 kV, CDM: 2 kV
- 0.97 mm x 1.47 mm x 0.55 mm, 6 Bumps Wafer Level Chip Scale Package
- Wearable/IoT Devices
- Portable Devices
- PMIC Input Protection
FUNCTIONAL BLOCK SCHEMATIC
The GLF74520 is an integrated power multiplexer switch with dual independent power switches connected to a single output pin to enable seamless transition between two input sources.
The GLF74520 provides an automatic selection mode as well as a manual selection mode by the combination of the logic input pins of EN and SEL. The EN input pin is used along with the select (SEL) input pin to select the automatic switching function, select VIN1 only, select VIN2 only, or turn both switches off. In the automatic selection mode, the GLF74520 automatically selects the higher input voltage source out of two input DC power supplies.
The GLF74520 features an ultra-efficient IQSmartTM technology that supports the lowest RON, quiescent current (IQ) and shutdown current (ISD) in the industry. Low RON reduces conduction losses, while low IQ and ISD solutions help designers to reduce parasitic leakage current, improve system efficiency, and increase battery lifetime.
The GLF74520 blocks any cross conduction current between two input sources. When the switch is disabled, the GLF74520 prevents the reverse current to the input source from the output at any higher Vout than Vin condition.
The GLF74520 utilizes chip scale package technology with 6 bumps in a 0.97 mm x 1.47 mm x 0.55 mm package size with a 0.5 mm bump pitch.